Save the date for National Prescription Drug Take Back Day on Saturday October 23! This event is a great opportunity to safely dispose of unneeded prescription and over-the-counter medications. Medication can be dropped off from 10 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. at the following sites:
- First Baptist Church (2932 King St.)
- Alexandria Police Department Headquarters (3600 Wheeler Ave.)
- Fire Station 210 (5255 Eisenhower Ave.)
- The Neighborhood Pharmacy of Del Ray (2204 Mt. Vernon Ave.)
The City of Alexandria and the Alexandria Health Department urge Alexandria residents, businesses and visitors to “Wear It Well” by wearing a mask in public indoor spaces, whether vaccinated or not, at all collection sites. This follows updated guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) that everyone should wear masks in indoor public settings in communities of substantial or high transmission.
Can’t make it to Drug Take Back Day? Dispose of medication year-round at a permanent medication drop-box at one of the following locations:
- The Neighborhood Pharmacy of Del Ray (2204 Mt. Vernon Ave.), available Monday-Friday, 9 a.m.-7 p.m.; Saturday, 9 a.m.-2 p.m.; and Sunday, 10 a.m.-1 p.m.
- Inova Alexandria Hospital (4320 Seminary Road, inside the visitor’s entrance and next to the cashier’s window), available daily, 1-5 p.m.
- Alexandria Police Department (3600 Wheeler Ave., inside the front entrance, ring bell for access); available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Needles are not accepted during the take back event or in the permanent medication drop boxes. Dispose of needles and syringes at a separate permanent drop box specifically for these items located inside the visitor’s entrance at Inova Alexandria Hospital. The box is accessible at the same location and hours as the hospital’s drop off box for medications.