COVID-19 vaccines are safe, effective, free and they can save your life. When enough people get vaccinated, we can get back to normal. The Alexandria Health Department (AHD) and its vaccinating partners are currently offering open vaccine scheduling. Schedule your appointment today.
8/16/21 Update: The CDC now recommends a third dose of mRNA COVID-19 vaccines for moderately or severely immunocompromised individuals, which includes those who have:
- Been receiving active cancer treatment for tumors or cancers of the blood
- Received an organ transplant and are taking medicine to suppress the immune system
- Received a stem cell transplant within the last 2 years or are taking medicine to suppress the immune system
- Moderate or severe primary immunodeficiency (such as DiGeorge syndrome, Wiskott-Aldrich syndrome)
- Advanced or untreated HIV infection
- Active treatment with high-dose corticosteroids or other drugs that may suppress your immune response
Vaccines are free of charge and available to everyone ages 12 and up. Click on
COVID-19 Vaccines | City of Alexandria, VA (alexandriava.gov).