Mary Lee Anderson
It is my pleasure to present to you these Highlights of the 2015-2016 year at Senior Services of Alexandria.
This year, SSA:
- Presented the first “Senior Academy” in which 30 attendees completed a four-week program about how our City operates, what services are available to seniors, and ways they can get involved in our community.
- Expanded long-standing programs and services including Groceries to Go. Clients can now choose to have SSA volunteers deliver from either Giant or Harris Teeter.
- Introduced the “Silver Service” Card, a new discount program for seniors. Alexandria seniors 60+ can receive discounts at over 20 businesses in the Del Ray, Old Town and Fairlington sections of the city, with more being added each week.
- Enjoyed greater involvement and participation in our information and education programs, which included the first community forum about Alexandria’s plans to become part of the global Age Friendly Community Network.
- Presented the first ever SSA “Special Service” Award to former board member Art Sauer in recognition of his dedication to SSA and our community.
Thanks to the Board and staff for their commitment to the mission and purpose of Senior Services, and to all of our donors, partners and volunteers for their incredible contributions. Because of you, Senior Services is stronger financially and able to provide more programs and services to Alexandria’s seniors than at any other time in its 48 year history. In the years ahead, with your continued generosity and support, Senior Services of Alexandria will continue to respond effectively to the needs of Alexandria’s seniors.
Please learn more about our activities, upcoming events, and educational programming on our Web site, and on our YouTube channel, Senior Living in Alexandria.
Mary Lee Anderson